1. Because you can push the button and a friendly waiter appears with a champagne menu…I mean, the novelty itself is worth going for (and what a marketing technique – they must sell so much champagne!)
2. All the waiters are really friendly and lovely, and made a fuss of us!
3. Chicken, mushroom and champagne pie with a perfect pastry crust. Just look at it.
4. Peach and raspberry bellinis in beautiful crystal cut glasses
5. The new downstairs room, which is absolutely beautiful – all red and gold and marble, like an old mansion, with live music (and a dancing girl with a hoop…)
6. Truffled mashed potato and creamed sweetcorn. Need I say more?
7. More champagne, of course
8. The fact they didn’t rush us to order and let us enjoy our drinks and the gap between dinner and dessert – which happens so rarely in restaurants nowadays
9. The stunning complimentary dessert, complete with sparkler…
10. ...which turned out to be a delicious ice cream cake!
All in all, the blogs don’t lie – if you get the chance, definitely pay Bob Bob Ricard a visit. It’s expensive, but it really is worth it!