This week is the first week that I have started to get proper butterflies about the wedding. I was thinking, really thinking, about the build up – planning my manicure and pedicure, and a spa day – and suddenly I was just full of nerves and excitement and it’s really overwhelming, but pretty amazing at the same time! I want to kind of capture the nice little things that have happened this week because, as I’ve said before, it’s the little things that matter the most!
1. Taking a random Wednesday off work and going wedding jewellery shopping with my Mummy. I picked up my hair piece, which was really exciting, but it was just a lovely day – we had lunch, and wandered round the shops and just generally had a really nice, unpressured time, chatting about the wedding and getting excited!
2. Using the Plant Nanny app to make me drink more water – I have noticed a really obvious improvement in my skin since I started drinking the requisite amount a day! Also, drinking water out of a nice drinking glass at work – it almost makes me feel like I’m drinking a nice alcoholic beverage (almost!)
3. A clean flat. Tidy flat, tidy mind – I genuinely believe this. I’ve even done my ironing, which means I can wear those shirts that I always pull out of the wardrobe in the morning before thinking ‘Nope, too creased,’ and shoving them back again! What a novelty.
4. Essie Ballerina Slippers nail polish. Pretty pink polished perfection!
5. Lighting a cinnamon flavoured candle, making some dinner and watching the Great British Bake Off. Ian hates this show with a passion, which I just don’t understand – it’s like getting a big cosy hug from the TV! It’s really inspired me to do my best in the bake off for his sister’s wedding next weekend!
6. Rimmel Kate Moss nude lipstick in shade 45 – oh my goodness, this is my dream lipstick, I never want to take it off. What is it about the smell of Kate Moss lipsticks? It smells exactly like I expect lipstick to smell – I just love it. Currently reapplying this about 10 times a day.
7. Spicy avocado, especially the one in the Vital salads, which are my lunchtime staple. I tried to make it myself at home with guacamole and Nando’s hot sauce and it was so hot, I practically had to lie down in a cold bath. My fiancé ate it all up, though!
8. Searching for the perfect pair of loafers. I haven’t found them yet, but I will, god dammit.
9. Pizza Express deals – I’ve been twice this week and both times only paid half price, what a bargain
10. Jumping into a cold, empty swimming pool after a hard gym workout – the best feeling in the world! Topped only by, half an hour later, getting into a nice hot Jacuzzi!
11. My shiny new handbag, which wasn’t expensive but looks it, and it’s all neat and tidy (I know I’ll never keep it that way – but a girl can dream)
12. Searching for honeymoons – we are SO CLOSE!
What have you been enjoying this week?