It’s been a bit of a weird one, this week. I’ve had this cold that isn’t really doing anything, but won’t budge, either. We got woken up one night by the police looking for a missing person, which has set my sleep all off-kilter and made me just generally a bit of a grouch. And work has suddenly stepped up a gear which, when I’m trying to organise last minute wedding things, has really been the opposite of ideal! Nevertheless, there have still been plenty of little moments of happiness…
1. Getting my passport delivered to me, and seeing my new married name on the envelope for the first time – I actually had to dash into the bedroom and wake my fiancé up to show him. It looks so weird, but it’s so exciting!
2. Doing a big internet shop and the satisfaction of a full fridge. It’s the little things in life.
3. A Monday night gig at the Lexington with one of my best friends on Monday evening – we saw Brakes and they were so weird and crazy but it was just a really nice evening. It’s made me want to spend a lot of time in Angel getting better acquainted with all the amazing looking pubs, too!
4. Cider With Rosie and Tanya Burr’s wedding photos – feeling beyond excited (and kind of beyond nervous) for my own wedding now, having seen how beautiful and happy they look just gives me butterflies in my tummy!
5. Trying on my own wedding dress in my second-to-last dress fitting – I love it so much that when I put it on, I don’t want to take it off! I cannot wait to wear it.
6. A night on the sofa, eating soup and a grilled cheese sandwich and watching the Great British Bake Off cuddled up with Ian. Happiness.
7. Ordering little gifts for the bridesmaids and getting excited at the thought of them opening them on the morning of the wedding…and a slightly bigger present for Ian that I really hope he loves as much as I do!
8. Getting a good appraisal at work, and being involved in some good projects going forwards – always nice to be recognised!
9. Kellogg’s new Crunchy Nut Porridge. I know, it sounds weird, but it’s nutty and sweet and filling and just all kinds of goodness, and I look forward to eating it every morning!
10. The fact that, as of today, it is TWO WEEKS until my wedding day. Two weeks until I get to stand at the front of a church and tell Ian that I want to spend the rest of my life with him – and I really, really do.
What have you been loving this week?