Oh, it’s just been one of those lovely weeks, hasn’t it? I adore December, I love this time of year, and in particular this year when I’m so happy it’s started to border on a bit sickening (soz). Before you start throwing up, here are the things I’ve been enjoying on this happy, festive week!
1. Spending far too much money in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday/any-excuse-to-drag-in-new-customers sales, whilst curled up on the sofa with my laptop and a glass of wine. One Christmas present for my friends and family, then one for me…and so on. Seems fair, right?
2. Putting the tree up, then turning the sparkly lights on, lighting all the candles, and feeling like the cosiest person in the world!
3. Staying in every evening this week, eating healthily, having hot baths and generally hibernating like the grandma I am.
4. Masterchef. I know it’s always the same, but I don’t care, it’s the best thing on TV, like, ever (although Michel Roux is my babe and it’s not the same without him, but Marcus tries hard).
5. Watching everybody’s Vlogmases and never running out of Youtube videos to watch while I’m getting ready/in the bath!
6. Scream Queens. Best. Show. Ever. I hope they never stop making it (but WHO is the red devil? WHO?) and I’ve had to order so much fake fur to quell my craving to look like a Chanel.
7. Making Christmas pudding chocolate cake pops, which taste incredible even if my loving husband asked casually ‘Oh, are these little frogs?’ Poor puddings!
8. A really slow week at work – isn’t it nice when things slow down occasionally, you can clear your inbox and get stuff done and just feel productive without going crazy? (And you can get home early. Bonus).
9. Barry M Sunset nail paint in Can’t Get You Out Of My Red. I am loving brick red nail polish at the moment. So festive and so sassy.
10. Wensleydale cheese with cranberries. I had never tried this until this year and now I am IN LOVE. Why did I not know of this wonder of the world? I’m not sure my diet is so happy about this, but hey ho!
What have you been loving this week?