BUT. That doesn't mean that I haven't had plenty of little things keeping me happy! So here we go...
1. Mykonos. Well, it happened this week, so I have to put it in - four whole days with some of my best friends in the world, drinking endless glasses of prosecco and tripping around beaches and beautiful blue-and-white towns, straight off the back of my Santorini trip. More detail to come, I promise, but it has given me a love for Greece that I don't think will ever leave me.
2. My suntan. There's something about having tanned shoulders and a freckled nose that just makes me feel so summery, even when the weather in England has been less than desirable. Also - wearing really pale pink nail polish to make it stand out even more!
3. A hotel dinner on Tuesday night when I was so tired from all my travelling - Hunter's chicken and mashed potato, could anything be more comforting and satisfying than that?
4. The moment of exultation when I realised my hotel had a bath (not all business type hotels do these days). And pouring practically an entire tub of Victoria's Secrets Bath Oil in, before submerging myself up to my neck for about half an hour. Bliss.
5. Watching YouTube videos on my gorgeous new rose gold iPad Air which my equally gorgeous husband bought me as a birthday present. The quality is so clear, it's amazing!
6. The new (or at least new to me) Smooth Peanut & Almond flavoured popcorn from Propercorn. I ate a bag of this as a snack on my night at the hotel in Birmingham, and the next day I went back and bought another six bags. It tastes so decadent and it's only 120 calories! What a dream.
7. Watching Fashion Mumblr videos - Josie is my absolute favourite Youtuber at the moment! Not only is she absolutely beautiful, with an insanely aspirational lifestyle (her vlog about her recent trip to Monaco has to be seen to be believed), she also uploads really regularly and her little sausage dog is so cute that I managed to walk into a tree whilst smiling inanely at him on snapchat. Go, watch, now.
8. Prosecco and a catch up with an old friend at the Breakfast Club last night. We wanted to go to Homeslice but my poor knee still isn't up to the walk, so this was an excellent second option. I had a little too many bubbles and my head is a bit sore today, but it was worth it for a good inspirational chat - sometimes you just need a gossip with your girlfriend to remind you what you're working for and what you want in life.
9. A little splurge in Primark - some cute printed trousers, a halter neck smock top that I want to wear in southern France with wet hair and freckled shoulders, a gorgeous pair of tan laser cut sandals that would definitely cost £60 in Topshop, and some classic pink ballet slippers that make me feel like Blair Waldorf. Primark have seriously upped their game this season - I'm definitely going to be popping back soon for another look!
10. Hitting 550 Instagram followers - thanks so much guys! Do go and follow me @catscruse if you haven't already and you want more photographs of London in the summer!
Hope you all have a wonderful, prosecco-filled bank holiday weekend - I'm off for a picnic tomorrow so fingers crossed the weather holds out!