1. Stop whatever you're doing right now, and go and make a cup of tea. There is really nothing on earth that isn't made at least slightly better by a warm, comforting cup of builder's tea. Hangover, rainy day, angry boss, horrible boyfriend - cup of tea. Go and put the kettle on. Make me one while you're there.
2. Don't beat yourself up about your weight today. You aren't as fat as you think you are. And even if you are, it doesn't matter. Your weight does not define you. You are intelligent and funny and loving and sarcastic and a hundred other things not determined by a number on a set of scales. Stop looking at photographs of half naked girls in workout clothes on Instagram and reevaluate what is important to you - being happy and healthy, leading a good and warm and friendly life, not only ever drinking green juices and never having a glass of wine. You look fine, you are good enough. Make today the day you let it go.
3. Go into a book shop and buy a book (or download one onto your Kindle). Spend a while browsing, thinking about your choice. Pick something you can't wait to read. Then get lost in it. I recommend 'When Breath Becomes Air' by Paul Kalanithi if you want something really life affirming - but it doesn't matter if it's a thriller or chick lit or a biography or whatever. Find what interests you and indulge it.
4. Eat something healthy for lunch. No, your weight doesn't define you, but feeling like you've eaten something good for your body is so good for your well being. I don't mean rabbit food or diet food, I mean something wholesome and hearty and nourishing, like a big bowl of soup and some bread, or a huge salad or pasta. You won't die if you eat pasta. Take your time over it, appreciate it, enjoy it.
5. Call your mum and dad. Or your gran, or your sister or best friend, or someone you haven't spoken to in a while, someone real who connects you to the truest version of yourself, the one you are when nobody is looking and you don't have to pretend to be cool or clever. Let them bring you back to yourself.
6. Have a long bath with all the extras - pour half a bottle of bubble bath into it, shave your legs, exfoliate, moisturise, face mask, everything! See 'cup of tea' for 'things that always make you feel a bit better no matter what.'
7. Watch a good TV show or read your book for an hour, but most importantly - put your phone in the other room. You know what will happen on social media while you're away? Literally nothing of interest.
8. Tidy your bedroom. Tidy house, tidy mind. When your personal space is out of control, it feels like your life is. Even if it's just surface tidy - clear the bed and the floor around it, light a candle and pick out your clothes for the next day so it won't be a mad rush in the morning.
9. Write a To Do list of all those irritating tasks that you know you need to get done, like calling the phone company because they charged you £91 last month for no reason, booking accommodation for your sister's hen do, sending off your postal vote forms - whatever. Then do two of them immediately.
10. Get an early night - even if it means ignoring half the things on this list! Nobody ever feels as bad when they've had a good solid dinner and nine hours sleep!
I hope this helps - and if all else fails - last minute holiday to Greece, anyone?!