A weekend with a bank holiday in it is always a strange one, isn’t it? It should feel shorter, and yet that whole ‘end of holiday blues’ feeling often leaves the week dragging on. The dreary, unseasonable weather this week really hasn’t helped my end of holiday blues, especially as I spent bank holiday Monday hungover on the sofa bed watching reruns of old TV shows and eating Chinese takeaway. So to cheer all of us up a little, here are a few things I’ve been loving this week…
1. This girl, Emmy Collett. Emmy went to my university and we have many mutual friends, although I didn’t know her. In many ways she’s just like me and so many of my friends – just turned 30, recently got engaged, with a loving family and good friends. But recently, she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Instead of falling apart, she’s turned her hand to fundraising and has already raised over £35,000 – she is truly one of life’s bright lights. Please read her incredibly inspiring story here, and donate to the Royal Marsden hospital to help her and others like her. I might write a full blog post on this soon as it has genuinely touched me beyond belief.
2. Finally getting physio for my poor knee. And being able to hobble about a little bit better this week – I even managed some dancing on Saturday night!
3. Kiehl’s Skin Rescuer & Repair Daily Hydrating Cream – now that the sun is out (occasionally), I needed a slightly lighter but still hydrating cream for my dry skin. This is perfect – I honestly cannot fault any Kiehl’s products, they always save my skin. This leaves it feeling plump and refreshed and glowy without feeling overly rich, plus it has a handy pump so it’s travel friendly too. Adore it.
4. A picnic on Hampstead Heath on Saturday when the sun finally decided to come out. Good friends, piles of food, a rug and some prosecco – all you need for a perfect sunny Saturday! Hanging out with this fluffy husky that trotted over to make friends didn’t hurt, either.
5. Hiring the private camper van at the Blues Kitchen in Shoreditch and having a private party with our own soundtrack for my friend’s 30th – post coming soon but it was so much fun, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a night of drinking, dancing and general debauchery.
6. Hitting 600 followers on Instagram – I feel like I hit a new milestone every week at the moment, but I’m not complaining! I’ve decided to add Snapchat to the list of social media apps that I’m addicted to, so follow me on catscruse if you would like to see more selfies/snippets of white wine with London skylines in the background.
7. The scent of the new Zoella Beauty range – I just don’t know how she does it with the packaging, but this is the first scent that I’ve truly loved. I’m such a sucker for sweet scents and honestly I just want to bathe in this one! Might put a review up later in the week if anyone is interested.
8. Season 4 of House – I wasn’t convinced when it started, but now I’m addicted. Again. I cannot wait to spend a wild Friday night eating fajitas and watching three more episodes back to back!
9. Planning a brunch for my belated birthday tomorrow – unlimited prosecco, here we come… fingers crossed for a bit of sunshine too, please!
10. Hawaiian Tropic Coconut Body Butter- I took this to Santorini and I’m still applying it religiously to try and save my beloved tan. It smells like suntan lotion and coconuts and tropical islands and boutique hotels, and I keep finding myself reapplying it just so I can feel a little more exotic and a little less grey-gloomy-London! It’s half price in Tesco just now so run and get yourself a pot – it lasts forever and it makes you feel like a silky mermaid, what’s not to love?
What have you been loving this week?