I’m going to be honest. For one reason or another, this hasn’t been the best of weeks. I’ve got a headache that won’t quit, my husband has job worries that have come out of nowhere, and quite frankly I wish we could both spend the weekend cocooned on a desert island somewhere with just a book and the sea for company. Or, to be honest, go home and get a hug from my mum and dad (I finally admitted defeat and called my Dad yesterday and even hearing his voice made things 100x better - sometimes you just need your parents!) But there has been a lot of fun in amongst all the shit, so here we go…
1. Pub quizzing on a sunny Wednesday evening in Peckham at the Hope pub – we spent the £35 bar tab we won for coming first last time, which may well explain why we only came second this time…but it was good fun anyway!
2. The Whatsapp group I have with my four close school friends, which has actually made me laugh so much this week that I had to stop in the street. Just ridiculous inside jokes that you can really only develop with people you’ve known since you were 11 and wearing a box pleat skirt.
3. A morning run today, headache-free, on a beautiful fresh sunny morning with no one around. I love where I live so much.
4. Dim sum dinner with my husband’s friends on a Thursday night. Genuinely just good times with good (and hilarious) people.
5. My new gorgeous black blazer, finally replacing the Primark one I have been wearing since 2005 when someone pointed out it had a giant hole in the pocket and therefore didn’t exactly scream ‘I’ve got my life together.’ And wearing it with my new favourite floral top which actually is from Primark but sssh because it looks a bit Ted Baker-y and I love it.
6. Abokado bagels. You just can’t feel crappy about life when you’re eating a toasted bagel with melty butter on it. It’s a physical impossibility.
7. Café Nero Coffee and Caramel Frappe. So last week I was raving on about mocha frappucinos, and I’ve now managed to find a drink that is possibly even worse for you, but oh my god, this is one of the best things I’ve ever had in my mouth. I’m trying to kid myself but I already know I’m getting one this afternoon. It’s one of those days (weeks) (lives).
8. Barry M Rose Hip nail polish, or as I like to call it, ‘Essie Fiji but cheaper.’
9. Using my grey Chloe Faye bag again – no idea why I stopped but I have started again and I love it SO much.
10. Making my own breakfasts like this one – yoghurt and frozen fruit blended in my Nutribullet and topped with dried fruit and granola. Makes you feel a bit like one of those clean eating goddesses – I’m totally going to look like them soon, right, RIGHT?
Fingers crossed for a happy sunny weekend and a headache-free week next week – we shall see!