If I had to scale this week against the ones I’ve had recently, I would call it Much Better. YAY. Here’s why…
1. Feeling healthier again. When you’ve been under the weather for a while, just feeling normal is amazing in itself. Reminds me not to take my health for granted. I still don’t feel perfect but it’s such a step up and I’m really relieved.
2. Spontaneous drinks with my husband when I got back from a work trip. It was such surprisingly stunning weather, and we made the most of it by sitting in our local pub garden, with its river views and little makeshift beach. I can’t help but be sad that summer is ending, despite trying to find things to look forward to in Autumn, and drinking white wine to the sunset felt like a fitting way to eke out what’s left of our sunny days.
3. The work trip itself, to Liverpool, which is such a gorgeous city – I was a bit nervous to go, especially because I was working with people I didn’t really know, but it was actually great fun – we went out for drinks and tapas, and the presentation the next day was challenging but in a good way. I even enjoyed the journeys. If I hadn’t been kept up all night by engineering going on outside the Novotel I stayed at, it would’ve been the perfect business trip!
4. M&S Teriyaki Beef Salad Bites – okay, oh my god, these are amazing. I had them for lunch twice this week – they’re so filling, and tasty, and they’re about 1 calorie each (slight exaggeration but they’re really healthy). Definitely worth picking up.
5. My new folk playlist on Spotify – keeping me happy on the commute to work all week.
6. Garnier Ultimate Blend Shampoo & Conditioner in Silky Smoother – these are 2 for 1 in Boots right now, and they’re only £3.98 to start with, so they are basically free. They leave your hair soft and smelling like a papaya (and quite frankly who wouldn’t want that?!) – what’s not to love?!
7. Primark nail polish. A bit of a climb down from last week’s Nails Inc recommendation, but I used the pale pink Primark nail polish this week after receiving it in a goodie bag at a hen party and was SO impressed by how good it was – I did apply three coats to get it streak free, but it dried super fast and lasted without chipping for 3-4 days. Definitely worth its insanely low price tag – I’ll be grabbing more colours.
8. Getting excited about everything I’m going to buy from Zoella Lifestyle. Just in time to redecorate my shiny new flat...thanks Zoe!
9. Doing a mini triathlon on my own last night – short run, short bike ride, short swim. Just mixing it up a bit, but it was actually really good fun and I felt very smug eating my dinner afterwards whilst watching the Bake Off!
10. 800 followers on Instagram! @catscruse - follow me people!
What have you been loving this week? I hope you all have amazing weekends - have fun party people!