This week has disappeared – I honestly have no idea what I’ve done with it. I know it’s a cliché, but I don’t know where this year is going – in a couple of weeks’ time it will be my wedding anniversary, and it makes literally no sense to me that it’s been an entire year since I got married, and then my sister will be having her baby, and… basically can we just slow down a bit because otherwise I’m going to be 45, okay thanks?
After that little rant, here are the things I’ve been loving this week…
1. Dinner with friends on Wednesday night at the Magic Roundabout on Old Street and the best burger I think I’ve ever had in my life. Honestly, I didn’t think it was possible to beat Honest Burgers for me, but this is the ‘Grizzly Bear’ from Bear Burgers – a cheeseburger topped with smokey bacon and ‘bacon jam.’ Yep. Bacon jam. One of the best things I’ve ever had in my mouth. With wine and onion rings. Perfection.
2. Blow drying my hair. Sounds weird but taking the time to properly wash and blow dry my hair in the morning rather than a.) washing it the night before, sleeping on it and going to work looking like I have horns or b.) washing it then hurriedly half drying it and going to work looking like a hedge – really sets me up for the day. Still using the Garnier shampoo & conditioner I mentioned last week, and I’m still obsessed with the smell of papaya. Happiness.
3. The WEATHER. I know everyone is like ohhhh but Autumn, baking and cosy cardigans and hot chocolate and kittens and so on – but calm down people. We live in the UK. It’s going to get cold. You don’t have to worry about that. In a few weeks’ time you’ll be grumping about getting your paper Pret bag wet in the rain, staring at photographs of people on exotic holidays in the sunshine and wishing it was hot again. So stop complaining and enjoy the chance to float about in flip flops and maxi dresses while it lasts (but avoid the tube, blimey, it’s a sauna down there).
4. I broke my Casetify phone case this week, emailed them a photo and they immediately said they’d send me a new one. Just really impressive, smooth customer service.
5. Running – my running last week was rubbish, really tiring and I just felt like it was going really badly, but this week I enjoyed all my runs and I increased my speed a TINY bit (still trying not to stress my knee!) so I’m going to try a longer run at the weekend and see how it goes. Baby steps. Also seeing an incredible sunrise on Wednesday morning made me want to do some more early morning runs – it really energises you for the day! I say this, but let’s see how that goes when the weather isn’t this perfect!
6. Amazing pizza at Pizza Union last night and drinks at Camino in Kings Cross afterwards with some of my favourite friends, who I haven’t seen in ages and I forgot how much I love!
7. Dextro Energy Vitamin C tablets. Okay, this is a weird one, but having had a couple of late nights and early work mornings this week (always fun) I can attest that these REALLY help a hangover. Bit disgusting to chew but afterwards you’re good to go. (Ish. At least until lunchtime when you can drown it out in a vat of EAT soup and a bread roll - carbs you are my babe).
8. Listening to old Jimmy Eat World albums. Kind of reminds me of being heartbroken in my second year uni bedroom BUT it’s so good I can get over it!
9. Essie nail polish in ‘Lilacism’ – I’m having a really good run of finding nail polish I really love in my collection at the moment! This is a gorgeous lilac with flecks of shimmer that’s lasted a couple of days.
10. Getting excited for a long weekend at home, seeing my parents and my sister and her husband, playing board games and eating home-cooked dinners, and then my sister’s baby shower on Sunday!
What have you enjoyed this week?