Haven’t written one of these in a while, but I’ve been a bit grumpy for no real reason this week and I feel like when you feel like that it’s important to focus on the positives and the fact that, err, there’s nothing actually wrong, it’s just you’d quite like a life where you could laze in bed till 10am every day. And therefore, here are my Friday faves…
1.‘Kind’ cereal bars – I picked one of these up on a whim in the queue in Waitrose because I was doing a run the next day and cereal bars are my favourite fuel for running, and they are so, so good that I picked up two more this week. I’ve the dark chocolate peanut one and the maple glazed pecan one – think the absolute pinnacle of salty-sweet goodness and you’re just about there. They’re lower in sugar than most cereal bars because they don’t contain much fruit – some health authorities have moaned that this makes them higher in fat, which is because they contain nuts, but omg whine on, they taste amazing, so who cares?
2. Season 8 of House. How can I be on the final series? It feels like only yesterday I was happily embarking on Season 1, with eight seasons spread out ahead of me. I actually don’t know what my husband and I are going to do when we finish this series – we’ll be bereft! We might even have to join the 21st century and get Netflix. WHO. KNOWS. Anything could happen.
3. Managing to run 4 miles on Tuesday night. Even though my legs hurt the whole way round and it was thoroughly unpleasant. I still did it! 10k in November still feels pretty scary, but so long as I don’t get injured *touches wood hopefully* I think I might be okay.
4. Going to Manchester and delivering a really good training session on Monday. #girlboss #kinda.
5. Autumn nails! These actually look a lot like Christmas nails... be honest… is anyone else starting to get excited for Christmas? *tumbleweed* just me then?
6. The relief I felt when my Dad finally came out of his cataract operation. It was so horrible and scary not knowing why he was still in the operating theatre for ages when the op was only meant to take half an hour. There were complications with his op and it might not all be plain sailing, but the point is he’s at home on the sofa with my mum fussing around him, and that makes me very happy indeed. Off to give him a hug at lunchtime today!
7. A Pret caramel latte on a cold, dull, drizzly morning, warming my hands and my heart.
8. Impromptu date night with my husband – drinks at a pub followed by an Indian at our local. Walking into the pub to find him waiting for me in a suit for some reason took me back to the early days of our dating, when I used to be so nervous and excited to see him – it was so nice.
9. Baking maple syrup infused cupcakes with Biscoff butter icing in time for the Bake Off on Wednesday. So unhealthy but so good, and they made the flat smell AMAZING.
10. Speaking of – a new gingerbread flavoured candle. So into the autumn spirit right now!
What have you been loving this week?